Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lonely Mermaid

Hi!
Taking part to Sunday Postcard Art's challenge "Silhouettes". Very inspiring theme!

Here's my mermaid card:



For this card I used water based acrylic colours, water colours and water colour pencils. The mermaid I drew to transparent vellum and cut it to use as a sablon. Then I coloured the background paper with water colour, leaving some white between brush strokes. The algae I drew with the pencils. After this I applied different acrylic colours through the sablon. The shell is also made with acrylic colours, but just freehanded without planning ahead. Finally I spread some colour areas with water.

Thank you for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! This is beautiful :-D The colors really come together, and it made me feel as if I were scuba-diving or swimming underwater, and could see the silhouette of a beautiful mermaid in the near distance. The design and execution was great (-: Nice to virtually meet you, and thank you for the blog comment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely, Vasi. Beautiful colors and composition! Nice to "meet" you... I lo0ok forward to visiting your blog again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's really beautiful. Thanks so much for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments both in English and in Finnish are welcome!
Kommenttisi on tervetullut, oli se sitten suomeksi tai englanniksi!